Friday, June 22, 2007

Too busy...

If you participated in the last post...there are some interesting implications into our everyday life. Sometime we get so busy we don't see what is right in front of us. When my wife an I got married we had a verse in the bible that we wanted our lives, family and marriage to be characterized by. It was this:

Psalm 46:10 (NASB)
10"Cease striving and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."

Other translations use "Be still", but I like this wording better. Most of the time we fail horribly at this and don't take the time to just be still before our God. But we all need reminders, right? To cease striving at the things in our life that so easily distract and entangle us, and remember all that HE is and all that we are not! Good stuff!

2 comments:

The Draper Family said...

Awesome post babe.
Thank you for the important reminder.

JP said...

Very true! I have to confess that my favorite thing on this post, though, is seeing Lindsey's encouragement. :-)